Real estate then and now


I have been in the real estate field now since 1978. I have seen many great changes in the area of technology for our industry.

When I first entered real estate my first piece of technology was a pager...

 I would get a beep, then have to stop to call from a pay phone!  Remember those?

We looked up real estate for our clients using the weekly mls books, 

that I would carry around in the trunk of my car.  Those books were considered  gold and many of my clients back then would ask how they could get a copy! Imagine that!  we were the keepers of the info!  I would then proceed to thumb through the book looking for listings to show, call broker, make arrangements to pick up keys, back then not a lot of homes used the mls lock boxes.

My first mls lockbox key


I was thrilled when my husband bought me my first cell (bag) phone. 


 Even though it was big and bulky I had a phone!  At one time I even had a phone permanently installed in my vehicle.

Look how far we have come now! 

We can't live without our iPhones/smartphones.  They are crucial in our business today for responding to clients/customers how and when they want. I can write a contract, send it to client get it back, print all within minutes...

Here is an early Laptop... they were big, heavy to lug around.

Now all I use is my IPAD!! 

The evolution of technology in our business is great, but what hasn't changed is the fact that clients still want service.  What has changed is the way we provide that service today.  Are you providing the level of service for your clients that "they" want and expect?

Sue Lucas
sl1586@sccoast.net
Real Estate Tech Tips & Training
843-997-4595
https://www.facebook.com/techtipsandtraining



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IPAD APPS FOR REALTORS

Have you heard about Cloudon?